So last weekend the boys and I headed to Greenville for my cousin, Stephanie's, wedding. It was absolutely beautiful...the wedding and the drive. I love driving through the Smoky Mountains. Driving for 7 hours in the car with two young children by myself is always a little challenging. I do sometimes get stressed about it but it always ends up being better than expected. They did really well this trip. We stopped at the Lovell Road exit (which has an amazing McDonald's with unlimited free air hockey) in Knoxville and the Canton exit in North Carolina. The Canton exit has been my stopping place for the last 12 years since I moved away from home. Many memories there!
We got home on Tuesday. I started meeting with my Bible study girls Tuesday night. We are reading the book, A Praying Life by Paul Miller. It was such a sweet time together! On Wednesday I had 5 meetings...I NEVER have meetings. So that was a bit crazy.
But one of those meetings was our first Home Study visit and it went great. It was a sweet time for Jason and I to share what God has been and is doing in our family. Just thinking about the story that we are a part of...His story. I thought a lot about my grandmother who was adopted and what an incredible blessing she has been in my life. And I thought about my children and the generations that will come. I thought about Hayden and Henley who are both amazing miracles. I thought about each child that is a precious gift that I do not deserve. And I thought about holding another precious miracle one day soon. I drove home completely overwhelmed by God's love and His goodness. And a tad overwhelmed by all the paperwork that we went over, too. I have a lot to read and write in the next 5 days before we meet again.
Thursday was a restful day! I made a to do list...maybe accomplished two things on it. Hayden had his 5th swim lesson. He has come a LOOOOOng way. He has been trying everything he can to get out of them. He has even faked sickness. I interrupted his nap and picked him up and went straight to the car. He was still half asleep on the way there. And for the first time he did not cry before nor during the lesson. Afterwards, we did our usual trip to the candy store and got him a treat. And then my Thursday ended with some yummi-ness from Sweet CeCe's with my Imom table group from this past semester!!! YUM-MO and lots of fun with a great group of girls!
ITS FRIDAY!!! Yeah! I am meeting up with one of my best friends from college this morning, going to a wedding tonight, and Jason gets home from Virginia!!!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have been so busy these past few weeks! Thank you so much for meeting me today and I had a great time catching up with you! Love those sweet boys of yours!!!
OK, so I found you!! I think I saw a link on FB. SO glad you are back blogging and I can't wait to read about adoption journey!! Love you sweet friend!
Post a Comment